The EMD G12 was a class of locomotive built by GM-EMD, and its Canadian affiliate General Motors Diesel. In addition, Australian licensee Clyde Engineering built ten locomotives for New Zealand in 1957, five for Hong Kong, 23 for Queensland, 14 for Western Australia and seven for BHP. Australian licensee Commonwealth Engineering also built 42 for Queensland Rail in 1964–66. Many examples were built in the 1950-1960s for railroads all over the world.
They are powered by EMD 12-567C prime movers rated at 1,250 hp (930 kW). Some have been rebuilt with EMD 645 engines. The A1A-A1A version had a lower axle loading than the Bo-Bo version.
A total of 241 locomotives:
- 2 Estrada de Ferro de Goiás 5201–5202
- 30 Mogiana Railway 3001–3030
- 43 Estrada de Ferro Noroeste do Brasil 1101–1143
- 17 Rede de Viação Paraná-Santa Catarina
- 18 Companhia Paulista de Estrada de Ferro 700–717
- 25 Rede Mineira de Viação 2201–2207, 2217–2228
- 71 Viação Férrea do Rio Grande do Sul 2121–2145, 2161–2168, 6169–6206
- 35 Estrada de Ferro Vitória a Minas 531–565
GM/EMD - G12 FEPASA and Cia. Paulista (Pack) Dynamic Numbers
This is a GNFO product.
Dynamic Numbers #7051-#7068
All Working Lights
Custom Realistic Cab
Scheduled Operational Physics
Animated Windows and Doors
Builder - General Motors Electro-Motive
Build Date - 1953-1968
Total Constructed B-B Version - 670
Gauge - 1600mm (1435mm for TS)
Engine - EMD 567 12 Cylinders
Force - 1310HP